Western Australia State Nomination
From September 25 2018, the State of Western Australia has introduced a new graduate stream for State Nomination for the 190 and 489 visa. The key eligiblity criteria is as follows:-
- Must be an international student who has studied for at least two years in a university in Western Australian
- The student must have an 'available' occupation on the State's Graduate occupation list
- Must have a full-time job offer in their occupation (or closely related) which is for more than 12 months. For the 489 visa, this must be in a regional area of WA (generally outside of Perth)
- Must have ‘proficient English’
- Graduates with a Masters and PhD will have access to all occupations on the Graduate occupation list.
- Graduates with a Bachelor and higher degree will only be able to access some of the occupations on the Graduate occupation list.
- Work experience is required for the Bachelor degree holder, but is waived for masters and PhD applicants (see below)
- Will need to demonstrate access to 'sufficient' funds
The university qualification does not necessarily need to relate to the occupation you would like to nominate from the Graduate occupation list for State nomination.
With regards to work experience for bachlor degree graduates, this could either be:
- at least one year of Australian work experience in the nominated (or closely related) occupation within the last 10 years or
- at least three years of overseas work experience in the nominated (or closely related) occupation within the last 10 years.
Contact us to arrange a consultation to discuss your visa requirements, eligiblity options or other issues. Our phone number is (08) 93010660. You can also make an enquiry using the form below. Please note that we do charge a nominal fee for a consultation held in the office.