186 Visa – Employer Nominated Scheme
The 186 ENS allows employers to sponsor or assist employees on a 482 TSS visa (or a 457 ) a pathway to progress to permanent residence. The employee can remain in Australia while the application is processed
There are 3 eligibility pathways for the 186:
- Direct Entry Stream – For applicants who do not hold a 457 or 482 or have not worked at all in Australia
- Transitional Residence Stream – For applicants who have worked for their employer for 3 years while holding a 482 or a 457.
- Agreement Stream – for persons who will work for an employer who has a labour agreement (this is relatively uncommon – but please contact us for further details).
The key requirements for the 186 which you must meet at the time the application is lodged are as follows:
- Your employer must be prepared to nominate you for permanent residence and meet the nomination requirements.
- Your occupation must be on the MLTSSL list (for Direct Entry).
- The employer has met the training expenditure requirements (SAF levy)
Other eligibility requirements:
- Transition Stream – You must have worked in a full-time position in Australia in the occupation (mentioned above). You must hold a Subclass 482 or 457 and have worked for your employer for the last three years prior to the 186 application being made (or 2 years if under transitional arrangements) OR
- Direct Entry Stream – have had your skills assessed as suitable by the appropriate skills assessing authority and have at least three years full-time work experience in the occupation before the application is lodged (unless there are exemptions).
- Show that you have the appropriate skills, qualifications and/or experience to fill the position If you need to be licensed or registered, then you must already be so (e.g. registered nurse, electrician etc.).
- Be under 45 years of age (unless you meet the exemptions).
- Provide a contract confirming your remuneration, position, employment terms etc. This must meet market salary requirements.
- Have Competent English language ability (i.e. IELTS of at least 6.0 in each band).
- You will also need to meet the health and character requirements for a permanent stay.
If you have a question or enquiry regarding this scheme, please complete the form below and we will get in touch with you soon.