408 Visa (Temporary Activity Visa)
The 408 Visa allows people to stay in Australia to take part in an approved Special Program. The following are considered “Special Programs”:
- Religious Work
- Research Activities e.g. research project at university
- Invited for social or cultural activities including sporting events
- Sports activities e.g. play, coach, referee, adjudicate etc. Available for up to 2 years
- Entertainment Activities
- Superyacht crew
- Exchange arrangements e.g. staff exchange
- Australian Government Endorsed Event e.g. Covid-19 Pandemic
- Domestic Work for Executives
Depending on the event or program (stream) for which the visa is applied for, there are different stay periods granted usually 3 months, 12 months or 2 years. Your family can be included in the visa application.
Requirements for the Australia 408 Visa (Temporary work)
The above streams or program require an Australian sponsor with the exception of an Australia Government Endorsed Event.
If you have a question or enquiry regarding this visa type, please complete the form below and we will get in touch with you soon.