window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'UA-90564647-1');

Child Visas

Child Visa – 101 and 802

102 or 802 Child visa

A Child visa is available to a child of Australian citizens and/or Australian permanent residents. The usual key criteria for the child visa is:

  • Sponsorship must be made by an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
  • The child must be the natural child of the Australian or permanent resident parent (in some cases adopted children can be considered for this visa type but there are also specific visas for adopted children).
  • Ideally the child must be under 18 years of age at the time the application is lodged. If the child is over 18 and less than 25 years then the child must be a full-time student and still be dependent and reliant on their sponsoring parent. Additionally, the child must not be working full-time or be in a spousal relationship.

The Child Visa is available for onshore (101) and offshore (802) applications depending on the circumstances of the child. Custody issues (if any) must be met for the visa and if necessary permission for the child to obtain a visa and travel to Australia must be given by the responsible parent.

If you have a question or enquiry regarding this visa type, please complete the form below and we will get in touch with you soon.


Enquiry Form
Please enter your current location.